Friday, 30 August 2013

There ain't gonna be any flag-waving here

Bulan ni bulan isi borang tulis surat buat tables berlambak

Sambil mau mengamuk dengan orang pasal barang-barang habis tak ada yang bilang, tak ada yang push

Dan...

Complaint list aku agak panjang mari kita bakar except for that one little issue that just cropped up



You know the funny thing about this research of mine,

I went in with the mindset of it's a stepping stone towards a PhD

Going further into it and especially after the conference I went a month ago, I actually realised it was more than that

It does have an application and it is significant

Maybe not to the lay people but for those within the business, it is awesome


I remember writing them down in my proposal, giggling at the amount of BS there was



Apparently they're not much of a bullshit at all



I got to know some cool people, get to do cool and sometimes random stuff

One thing I kept being reminded of always directly by my supervisor and subtly by others,

I do underestimate myself and the values I brought in

It's not thinking highly of yourself but it is more towards realising that you are capable of doing things and sometimes you are really good at it


No bragging needed



I guess that's how everyone here are comfortable with each other

There's no need of addressing titles or senority

Everyone is at the same level but everyone acknowledges each others ability, significance and achievements


It's quite a satisfying feeling when you don't need to kiss asses to get ahead

Well yeah, there's that "be nice" card that needs to be played but it's not rampant

I think most of the time, that card is automatically up there because everyone knows that acting up will just make it hard for everyone


Made a mistake, admit it and plan to resolve it

Don't know anything, say it, there's bound to be someone who knows or have a plan to help you get the information you need


It's such a wonderful, exhilarating and stressful experience

I feel so blessed for it

I wish to do it justice


:3


To be this happy wonderful when I have shit due on Monday and Tuesday is awesome!


THE HECK THEY PUT IN MY MOCHA TODAY?!

No comments: