Friday, 8 July 2011

Just need to spew them out (pewpew!)

Y'know what, of late I only operate during the days. Night got cold so hibernate, nuff said! With that said, I haven't really gotten a lot of things I should've got done done. I'm not good with colder temp, a fact I knew waaaaaaaaay before now. But I've gotten used to it. I no longer reached for the gloves to handle MiniMe and Enma__Ai II (FUU ALUMINIUM CASING!LOL!) But I definitely have a strong refusal to deal with water at those time, even with water heating because you'll have to wait and let the initial freezing water flow out before you'd actually get the warmer water. Then you have to be bothered to patting yourself dry like REALLY DRY or face the chill of the water. Numbing of the digits is pretty much the norm. I wish for a pair of gloves with heating elements to it. Don't like cold digits but oh well, I live.

OK I lied, I don't hibernate but I put on my coat, huddle in my "work chair" and play Xenogears but now, due to matters beyond my reasonable control, every time that Deus-thingy does it God knows how special attack, the sequence just stuck. Not fully stuck but the attack won't commence and you're stuck to staring at your gear, huffing and puffing idly as the BGM continues. No amount of forward can cure that and not even frame skipping helped either. The first debugger don't help and the second to fourth crashes the program. Yup, I get the message, no more sleeping at midnight from playing such a game. I tell you, I don't particularly like mecha stuff, which had put me off of it for an aeon but if i played it years ago, I wouldn't get the gist of the story since I was in that "I don't care about the world, nobody cares about me! WHAAAAAA~!!!!!!!!!!" (Face it, we all go through that time. Some still stuck there unfortunately... Not as bad as those that never been there, but eventually got there and stuck there. God please, let it not be me) Maybe I'll write up what I really think of the whole game later when I can finally get myself mentally organised. There are still components to the storyline that I still need digesting. Considering it refers pretty heavily on religious component, definitely need a lot of thinking over before getting the infidel stamps thrown my way.

Funny today I don't remember tearing up but my eyes and nose do feel like it... Not even last morning when I went to sleep for the second time in 12 hour period (hurm2 sleep at 9, woke up at 2 and sleep again at 3. No way I wanna be up in the cold) but yeah I did the past 2 days... I blame Izumi on that (FUU can't see that man crying! T_T Laugh like a dork that you are!) I still remember someone recommending them on a JRock band mailing list I'm in (forgot which band though but LUNA SEA got some fan, that list is still active even today!), watching that snippet of Satsuki's PV... and then being offered link to Gozen... That album was amazing. You can definitely tell that the album was made to be a whole thing, not a collection of songs dumped into an album. The flow of one song to another was flawless and to end it with Shuuen no Kisetsu was like a tragic yet beautiful ending to a story, just awesome! But what impressed me most is the cleanness and crisp of the sound, an unlikely indication of a band in their indie state. Then I got Ouka Ranman which was just 6 song that moved from upbeat to dark and malicious to playful to deep to a nice not as upbeat as the first one to a nice instrumental only resolve. They really got me stuck and addicted to their sound. Even as they grow they dropped most of the heavy Japanese elements from their get up and music, There's always a hint of it, very subtle, in each of them. Their last live was mainly an homage to their previous works and it was spectacular, I'd watched it all over again and again and again if only they didn't put that montage of clips from their previous live that made it to DVD (and duh, of course I've watched them all!) during Ouka Ranman and the final Sakura Maichiru Ano Oka de which had Izumi breaking down so... yeah... Isn't it funny, to be all teary, crying like silly but to be so happy and glad? I dunno... I definitely have the feeling of, "BAW~!~!!! IF ONLY CLASS DON'T START AT THAT TIME AND IF I HAVE MONEY~!~!!!" but that is more eclipsed by the feeling of relieved that they bowed out with such grace, putting out a stellar performance for the fans, one last time AND FINALLY GETTING IT OUT ON DVD WITHOUT CUTTING ANY FUCKING NUMBER (Last DVD was san, you know how many albums it been since then? FUCKING 4! Recordings always sound awesome but their live version beats them EVERYTIME if Isshi don't sound like chocking... Last live he didn't so, yay!) Just can't help but to think how they've grown from the start to where they are. It's hard to imagine them being separate as they are a complete circle as a group. But the cover of the DVD really said it all, a picture of calm relief (Ohay now I'm also deprived of Fukaya's awesome artwork is it? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA)

Give the span of 10 years, I wonder how much have I've grown? (or stunted, whichever way you're judging me)

No comments: