Thursday, 18 March 2010

^^~ too happy~


"Does the walker choose the path, or

the path choose the walker?"

-the last page of the Book of the Dead-



I'd say... it goes both ways


Especially when you're not an Abhorsen or a Clayr or of the Royal lines or even a Wallmaker
(aka living in the real world)


Thanks to the lacking of people coming in to shop, I've finished the whole Old Kingdom trilogy last Tuesday (Abhorsen in North America... I don't get North America and the need to make things sound different when it is the same :| ) (Tuesday is my good day. Who needs the weekend? =D )


Dammit, I swear those three books are the
best three books I've ever read!


I don't think it's purely due to me being a fantasy junkie with medieval settings, clashing swords, armour-clad warriors, sprinkled with magic and monsters being top on my list (that explain somewhat my attachment to RPG games like Phantasy Star 4 and Final Fantasy particularly FFIX) but the way Nix wrote, I swear, reading it, not only I can imagine the whole thing but I can feel it, even tasting them, the experience the characters go through. I swear, that one image in particular from Sabriel is etched in my head and as much as it is awesome, it's kinda scary, given the events that lead up to it and the mastermind of it :| (I'll kill any censorship for this part if the movie comes out)

Oh mai, savouring those books are purely divine! There's just something about it that makes the heart leap to a distance unknown and unreachable by normal minds that I'm having trouble making sense of what I type. I wanna tell all because this series is just so awesome but I just can't because I don't wanna ruin the story for anyone!


Okay2, I'll try simplify:

Plot:
Basically a battle between the good force (Charter Magic powers and the Seven Against the Free Magic power and the Ninth) Throw in some manipulation of the Dead into Life by the necromancers and the ones that banish them back into Death, the Abhorsen. They pretty much keeping the balance checked in the Old Kingdom with the rest of the Five. Awesome!

Characters:
My head kept scribbling family trees of the main protagonists mainly because the 5 aren't that much apart. There were relationships tried to be covered up but is actually pretty obvious from the start. Though I'm still wondering who has the Berserker blood (I'd love to see the princess with it! =D ) Of course, there's the magical creatures. two had great powers but in their form, haha~ love when they frist met. My favourite would be Mogget. I have a thing for sly characters apparently (Hiruma, Ax). Favourite line:


"Life. Fish and fowl, warm sun and shady trees, the field mice in the wheat, under the coool light of the moon. All the-"

-Yrael/Mogget stating his reason for going against Ninth-


It really is the stupid little things in life that makes it meaningful~

^^~
....

-_-;


yay, I ran outta things to rant bout this. I'm still overwhelmed to actually sit down and give a sorta proper overview of them, eventhough it's been 2 days. One thing I know is I'm getting Across the Wall and Nix's other two series.


Dapat gaji, abis beli buku.

I'm soo happy~!

^^~




(keje lagi 1 jam, mandi, sembahyang idak. W0Ot~!)

2 comments:

pensukebulan said...

hey kanak2 tukar sikit abiut me kat atas tu. umo dah tua ok

Ikster said...

:| abiut me?? apakah menatang tersebut??? XD

takmo la. aritu customer siap tanye aku ni anak bos ke padahal die 40 pon blom lagi =D

(woi makcik, mati2 aku ingat ko men tekan publish sampai 3 kali. dasar orang dah abis exam sungguh =P)