From what I heard, he died of lung infection, probably pna. Was rather apparent because we had visited him early Raya and the signs was there (been to IPR) I still remembered how he laid himself on the tiled floor that time, talking to Mak Cik who took the liberty to check on him and advised him to go to the hospital and let them admit him for check up and treatment. I remembered how he mentioned that he was never been to a hospital and never was sick (takat demam2 & gout yang datang sekali 6 bulan tu tak heran le) and I totally remembered how he said that he feared not of death. His family mentioned how he said that by October he won't be around and asked that the funding for his funeral to come straight from his pocket, no one else's.
I'm just in awe. Being able to say such stuff that definitely people will not and refuse to acknowledge... Pretty much fearless of death... And most of the time I kept wondering if death is breath away and how would I die then and shudder in fear...
:|
Which reminds me of this song by Kagrra, 沙羅双樹の子護唄 or Sarasouju no Komoriuta (I dare not type this one... That's how much I fear the kanji powerness of Isshi the Oni) There's a note about the title I got somewhere: where Sarasouju refers to the Shala Twin Trees. In between these twin trees is where Buddha was said to have died in peace. These two trees reportedly bloomed out of season at that time. Komoriuta is lullaby. Below is the PV and translation from the defunc Irohanihoheto and a little note about the tree from Soka Gakkai International.
:)
Irohanihoheto will always rock my sox T_T
(note: Buddha's mother grabbed the branch of a sal tree during his birth.)
Yes, obstructing time as it flows and flows
Rotting away, going to meet my end
Grasping at life, even if this is fate
I couldn't change my heart
Quietly dancing, it is still powdered snow, oh my memories, please don't melt
Carried by the wind, the colors of spring
Wrapping me up and holding me, just like my mother
I rock to a familiar song
A sigh comes to mind, and I close my eyes
Yes, uncountable attacks of pain
These uneven footprints, engraved
My concious now is floating
And strangely, it is being led
In a more childish time, walking while being held
While being blindfolded, touching the fingertips of the spirits
In this final time, going to meet the morning, the sal tree brushes my cheek
Carried by the wind, the colors of spring
Wrapping me up and holding me, just like my mother
I rock to a familiar song
A sigh comes to mind, and I close my eyes
And now that time has past, I only just realized
As I turn round and round, is this place called heaven
- SGI NOTE:
- sal tree [沙羅樹] (Skt shala; Pali sala; Jpn shara-ju )
A tree native to India and Nepal that grows to more than thirty meters in height and produces pale yellow blossoms. The sal is a deciduous tree belonging to the dipterocarp family. In India, it is a valuable source of timber, and its aromatic resin is used in religious rituals and also as a surface coating. Shakyamuni Buddha died in a sal grove in Kushinagara. According to one tradition, Shakyamuni laid himself down on a couch between twin sal trees and entered nirvana. Another account has it that there were twin sal trees on each of the four sides of the area where Shakyamuni entered nirvana. When he entered nirvana, one of each pair of trees withered. Yet another tradition says that, upon Shakyamuni's entrance into nir-vana, four twin sal trees, or eight sal trees, turned as white as cranes. For this reason, the place where Shakyamuni died is also called the crane grove.
No comments:
Post a Comment