Monday, 17 August 2009

Saraba.

No, not like the last Saraba.



This is an earlier the GazettE song when they were still ガゼット (wO0T~!!! I typed that =D) I find this fitting in such a month. Translation of the lyric taken from WikiLyric and its either I didn't pay much attention or they really didn't put who translated it so I dunno whom to credit (do tell if its yours) I don't care if you never press the play button, just understand the lyric.






Saraba
(Farewell)


A city during peace, today is also perfect Japanese weather
Black airplane smoke, and the endless sounds of the air-raids
Is Japan's peace over with this?
The radio and tv show all the victims of foreign countries
Next is myself and a journalist who wouldn't talk
The hypocrite who changed into a different person,
Decidedly said war can't be helped
No matter how much the anti-war voices sound they don't reach him
Tell me, why do humans fight each other, when we're all the same?

Peace always spoils people, so modern Japan has gone crazy
The government, police, schools, and families are all hurting each other
Stop fooling around, please stop it, at this rate Japan will rot away

Once long ago, people died for the country without any regrets
Those of you living now, remember that someday

Farewell those who have fallen for the country
Farewell those who have loved Japan
At this rate, surely no one will change Japan
The sun's circle will one day sink thats why I will sing

An anti war song I will sing all together
Until the day that this world overflows with smiles
An anti war song Sound this world
So that no one hurts each other any more
An anti war song I will sing all together
And for those who sacrificed their bodies too
An anti war song Sound this world
Until the day the world overflows with happiness and smiles

Farewell
Those who have thrown away their lives to protect this country, to protect Japan
I take pride at being born in that same Japan
You have taught me with your bodies
War's meaninglessness, sadness, pain, and death
I won't forget it for my entire life
Thank you
Farewell, those who have become the wind
I will protect the sun's circle
Farewell



I think its an awesome piece of writing and singing in Ruki part (and everyone for the "An Anti War Song" part). He just delivered his disappointment and hope for the present generation to Japan and to preserve what the previous generation had fought for...


See, there is a purpose to learning history but since teachers prefer to come in and just read the text book which in my opinion I could definitely do it on my own, history in school became just another subject to score A in the conquest of being the one with the most As under ones belt and schools to haul more As for the better of their ratings.

Is it a surprise after 50 years and even less of the pre-independence generations to tell their tales of the horror there was younger generations opt for the better of themselves rather than the country that lives had been given up for? Bit by bit these people sell off their pride and honour in exchange for money and power. People are more interested in easy money even at the expense of the land they sang to be "where their blood shed". If those heroes of the nation sees how we celebrate that day, with concert trashed with songs of pathetic love and degraded society morales held high, how'd they feel? And of the youngster drunk, bathe in alcohol, sex, corruption and all the other bad things that not coming to mind (fyi, I'm sick again) How?

I don't think its hard to show the love. You raise the flag doesn't mean you love the country. Just give back, stop making things worse for the country. Surprise really that immigrants come in and they can contribute in building up the country (they build our buildings, clean our houses and even look after our kids) while the people of this country prefer to terrorize the hearts of the others (rob, rape, slander, buang sampah merate tempat macam bende tu boleh biodegrade on the spot, the whole nine yards) I dunno, just seeing the scenario as it is, the possibility of a force taking us off our motherland is not that far fetched


Just think of this for a moment:

They sing of protecting their sun's circle...
Should we not "sing" to protect the 14 stripes, with the moon and the star in the middle of the blue now?


I'll start by not emerging from the house even with this crazy craving for ice creams and chocolates until I'm totally finished with my antibiotic rounds
aish~!!
<><>;;

3 comments:

Ikster said...

The song title is Saraba & the translation I've put already but if you want the romanized one it's here: ガゼット:さらば Actually there are lines in the chorus in English.

Haha~ I don't think so this song is heavy metal, just... slower rock :P (I just sux at categorizing songs in genres) I'm more to JRock stuffs unless I feel somewhat random. Maybe you'd like this one I put on a previous post. Personally, its the most beautiful song EVER: Kagrra,:うたかた. If you want me to recommend stuffs, just tell. JRock is a gold mine where a diamond or two bound to pop now & then.

Its not just your but everyone else that linked me faced that and I've yet any clue to fix that so I'm really sorry can't do a thing about it at the moment.

Thank you for the wishes and I wish you all the best =)

misznieda said...

haha.. GazettE nyer english mmg 'best'

Ikster said...

ngahaha~ awesome gile~