Wednesday, 17 June 2015

Ramadhan is coming

I don't really know if it is the pretentiousness of Eid celebration here or I just want an excuse to go back there that's making me not looking forward to celebrating Eid here after several years doing so away.

I think it's a combination of both

Eid was more of a half day thing there; pray, eat, no idea what to do so go to uni to do work (or "work"). It's a simple affair, no fancy get up, no sprucing the dwelling beyond the usual cleaning regime and definitely none of them festive songs (heck I only wore that one baju kurung throughout the years!). If there's one thing I'd fuss about is making rendang. The joy for me is seeing other people enjoying it and since they've no idea how them 'otai's make it here, they can't compare and by default, mine is the best they've tasted (HAH!). Also joy when fellow countryfolk enjoys it, 'balas dendam' they say :3 The only thing that irks me there is they never agree to a date for the start of Ramadhan and Eid (I go with those that observe the moon every month because, why would I listen to those that only bothered bout it twice a year?). Every year was different.

And it is because there isn't much to be bothered in regards of Eid coming, Ramadhan was really about Ramadhan. Well, actually, Ramadhan felt like any other day, sans the eating. There's terawikh to be done and I quite like joining the ones at uni whenever possible (while crossing my fingers they have leftover briyani from iftar. I prefer iftar on my own as I don't like to break it with a big meal, I'll eat a a decent meal after I've done Maghrib). Other than that... I just have to keep myself away from my coffee place (unless I can't fast :D)

I feel more at peace with myself


I know, I'm complaining and it's not a positive thing. It's just... I don't know how to say it but I guess I've grown tired of playing "keeping up with the Jones's"...


In anyways, I do hope it'll be a good one despite me not looking forward to it. That's the most I could do for myself...

No comments: