So like I'm back...
A tad early but well, yeah...
That's what happen when you volunteered your ass for the international postgrad welcome day
It's just a day thing anyways...
If you factor out the Caversham trip tomorrow (yay!) and the meeting last Friday (jetlag+meeting=AWESOME~!~!~!!! -_-,)
A tad early but well, yeah...
That's what happen when you volunteered your ass for the international postgrad welcome day
It's just a day thing anyways...
If you factor out the Caversham trip tomorrow (yay!) and the meeting last Friday (jetlag+meeting=AWESOME~!~!~!!! -_-,)
So during the meeting us volunteers got this black uni T-shirt each. Debra, the lady in charge, turned to me and asked, "is that OK with you?"
A bit jetlag but I get where she was coming from. The T-shirt is short sleeved and I'm wearing headscarf. By default, I don't wear short sleeved anything, "nah it's OK. I'll just wear an arm socks or something..."
Then, on the day we were setting up stuffs for the morning tea break. So there we are, dunking a huge pile of oreos unto a huge tray. While doing that, Debra took one of the oreo box and showed me the side with halal print on it, "Ika, this is OK, is it?"
Again, "yeah, it's OK. It's not like they have any animal based anything in there."
What I'm trying to point here is that this fact that I don't think a lot of us are aware:
THEY (as in "orang2 kafir" la) are more aware and concern and sensitive towards OUR (as in muslims) needs and restriction.
Question is, how much are we of theirs?
THEY (as in "orang2 kafir" la) are more aware and concern and sensitive towards OUR (as in muslims) needs and restriction.
Question is, how much are we of theirs?
Ohey, sejak bile ade .au plak blog neh?!
1 comment:
welcome back makcik!
I truly agree,although sometimes there are those odd ones,generally, they are more understanding and caring.believe it or not,I am actually learning a lot from them in this sense.
Miss you lady!
Post a Comment