Monday, 15 June 2009

& I fell in love again~~ <3

Y'know what...
I initially wanted to do a review for that PSC 10th Anniversary DVD that I get to watch thanks to the postponement of the effing lab reports
(which was crap... I send it in a week after the due date and the whole stack wasn't even touched! :P)
but I got stuck

It was too beautiful to move on after that
One song... One band...
A reminder of the deep love I've felt...

Utakata performance by Kagrra, was breathtaking!
The song on its own was at it outmost beauty but the performance just took it to another level!
with the synth and strings brought backwards, paving clearer way to the core band's instruments... awesome~!
The acoustic guitar solo was used to open up the song was nice done by Akiya and so goes for the awesome end of the instrumental break where he used his electric ones to lead into the pretty intense choruses at the end...
The bass... OMG, how can I missed it? It was awesome throughout; beautiful, typically amazing Nao style!
Shin on koto... just amazing to see his simple srokes evolve to the beautiful melody of the song...
Izumi's drumming was pretty subtle but solid...
And dammit Isshi... He just conveys the song oh so perfectly! Just melt to the voice, the words and tales that he personafied!

OMG I've fallen in love with this song again!
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Just watch & melt away~
^^~




EDIT:

Okay, to celebrate Hus's 1st comment for me, I'm posting the translation to the lyric by... I'm not sure who translated it but I think someone from the Kagrra, community at lj (if its yours please do tell! <><>;)

Something vain

My wishes pour down on you
Someday we will meet again
Then you will overcome this sorrow
I think of your crying face
which I could only see in profile

Slowly time is flowing
I think about things of the past
The star which I saw that day
now shines brighter than any other
and let somebody feel loneliness

My wishes pour down on you
Someday we will meet again
Then you will overcome this sorrow
I think of your crying face
which I could only see in profile

Those vain and scattered emotions that I embrace
are like a beautiful flower in full bloom.*
I wonder if this voice reaches you someday
if the seasons pass by more often.

No matter how often we do it, meet and part
time flows on.
My chest is foll of you
so that I'm going to dorwn in my tears one day.

My wishes pour down on you
At the end of this ongoing fate
we can meet again and then
you can believe in those feelings about which I only sing now

Those vain and scattered emotions that I embrace
are like a beautiful flower in full bloom.
I wonder if this voice reaches you someday
if the seasons pass by more often.

If there were wings on this back,
I'd go on the journey to chase after you.
I want to embrace you again to
knot the ripped string of memories again**

My wishes pour down on you,
so you can overcome this sorrow gently.


NOTE:
* = metaphoric description of [japanese] fireworks. Anyway, Isshi 'draws' a firework with his words and compares this to his feelings. Even with the title 'Utakata' he alludes to a firework.
** = Allusion to the belief, that people are connected with a red string by fate

My note:
- The title utakata have also been translated ephemeral, transience.... I prefer ephemeral =3

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey~~
i love diorg nye music!!
xpaham d lyrics but the music was...amazing... =)
i prasan 2 things in this vid:
1. kimono (or watever he's wearing) must b freakin heavy cuz die xbyk gerak.
2. d drummer keeps smiling..die mmg ske snyum ke??

Ikster said...

I told you they're awesome!
I put the translation in your honour :P

I don't think the kimono is heavy since other songs he was moving around the stage... Just the song is too touching to move around kot! XD
One of his charm~ *wink2*

You balik one day kite tengok da DVD together2 & can ogle miyavi awesome guitar skill while at that 83 I like~!

misznieda said...

pergh.. ika.. aku rase.. kalo ko dh pakar jepun nnt.. ko blh jdk keje promoter diorg kot.. hehehe

Ikster said...

pakar jpon... hek2, bile le tu :|