Wednesday, 30 July 2014

The Sombre Note Played From the Rusted Pipe

I was a strange feeling

To wake up to Eid, and nobody was there to wish it

I look around, stare around the empty space, and be reminded of all my loved ones, alive and lost

My first thought was of how the Eid before I left was effectively the last Eid I had with now my late grandmother.

Even after 17 years I can still hear my late grandfather reciting the takbir. It doesn't matter if it was in my head but I still remember that voice, frail yet adamant.

And of my mother's uncles, both where I was there on their funerals and sometime before, how they face death... It's astonishing when one can be so brave at it


But sometime ago I sort of thought that death wasn't the scary bit

It's how we die that's scary

It doesn't help being empathetic and having some human biological background, how you body systematically shuts down...

Probably that's the good bit to it

But then thinking of those left behind... I think that's the hardest

Especially when you realised how many people you've grown with, shared moments with...


As measly as we are, We do leave imprints on other

Trust me



I, right now, am musing how hilarious it is to break up without being in a relationship

The unfunny part of it is that it does happen...

No comments: