Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Natang lame giler aku buat ni!

Aku jumpe natang ni. Kelakar aku taip time Australia Day punye cuti:


It’s Australia Day here and the big thing about Australia Day in Perth is the firework on Australia Day.


So yeah, the best view, they say, would be in the city

Darn it, I can’t be bothered to go INTO the city on the weekends at such time


Oh lucky me, Matilda Bay area is… pretty much I’m sure facing the city hence anybody should get a decent view from there


But then there’s the epic question of all time:
Do I have it in me to make my way down there at that point of time


Oh, fireworks start at 8pm. The time, I suppose, to make it family friendly

Do you know they make kids go to bed at 8 bloody pm on the weekends, not take them out for late night movies like idiotic parents in Malaysia?

Idiots because:
1.       Kids need LOTS of sleep for their growth.
2.       Who the bloody idiot take KIDS to midnight screening again?


So I don’t get why 6 something I got ready and went out. The plan was to go up North because that’s the area generally with less people… less families

But darn it, it was full


People here are generally nice but when you poke out like a bloody wrapped up sore thumb, you’d wanna go elsewhere. I mean, it’s their day, I don’t wanna make them feel bad huddling with their loved ones while there’s that one lone me around


So I wondered further down South for a spot to sit and enjoy the firework. To me there wasn’t any spot for me to sit on my own and not looked awkward.

“is there any place for this lone heart?”

Sigh

Oh well, keep walking.


So there’s this café there and I noticed some of the tables were empty.  Perfect!
...Except the business wasn’t closed at that point of time and I figured it’ll be disrespectful to get a good seat without buying something so I bought a mocha flavoured milk which I’m pretty sure wasn’t just merely… flavoured

Lucky me, I got a table to myself eventhough when I was in line there were a lot of people buzzing around the area


Sat on the edge, closest to the water facing the city. It was magnificent with the full moon large and the city skyscrapers (if you can even call them that) getting their last kiss from the sun and the sky, a band of navy blue and pink, sort of confused if it is day or night



It’s blarney summer sunset is around 7.30pm


Then came a couple asked me if their family could sit at the table. I was alone and it’s not fair to hog a huge table to myself isn’t it?

So I said yes.


The guy went in to buy food and the lady sat down with the daughter. She asked me stuff before introducing herself and her daughter and leaving the girl with me as she goes on to look for the brother


The girl, I’d say, gave me an interesting conversation

Not I’d say she’s one of those kids who talk like adults but the sort of attention and curiosity that she had was refreshing but she was mostly quiet

Really charming


Then the family was all together at the table. I stared at the friend of the boy
I swear I saw that boy at Coles this morning

Should I bring it up?

Nah, I don’t want to get these boys into any trouble

Not really the “boys will be boys” mantra I’d use but more of “been there, done that”

Let’s face it, before I became an adult, I was a teenager and before that I was a kid so yeah, I still do remember how was it like
 
Though for some reason I don’t get parents they seemed to forget how being kids were like which is really bad and sad and sometimes not helping the kids at all


Then the firework started


The boys were busy fiddling with the mom’s camera

The parents were huddled together

The girl was tired, laying her head on the table

Can’t blame her it’s past her bedtime at that time


Half an hour we watched it, a real spectacle

The firework itself, the shadow it casts on the water between the boats that seemed to multiply beyond possibility and its reflection off the buildings in the city


Breath taking


When it was all done, they said goodbye, thank me for letting them sit with me and wishing me all the best in my studies

I sat for a while longer before making my way back home

It was nice not having to watch it on my own. Eventhough they were strangers but they were warm towards me. Their eagerness to know how much I’ve enjoyed it here kind of reflects how they are proud of this place that is their home. It’s the little thing I like about people here. They will always acknowledge your existence, asking you to pass through, thanking you if you gave them way eventhough they didn’t ask for you to do so or just a nice smile if they’re not preoccupied


But I think the thing that strike me most was when the girl was asking her mother stuff while watching the firework, she asked about the fireworks and stuff. Her mother just entertained her and never told her to shut it and just watch the show.

Then she asked a question which stumped her

“….I don’t know, Gracie”


Sangat jarang aku tengok orang tue ngaku gitu kat budak2

No comments: