A lot of times we do forget how lucky we are. Our lives are handed to us on a golden platter. Luck just seems to shine on us and chances just gave way to us. I get it. I am like that at times.
Lemme tell you a story of a friend of mine and me. We're good, totally cool at school together and somewhat on par with each other but she had always been the better one, much more hardworking than I am. We ended up at the same place afterwards, matrix and that's when that little difference between us got through. First sem, she got higher than 3.7. Me, just barely scratching 3.5.
Funny really luck. Apparently MARA was looking for candidates to further in medic at different places with somewhat different pathways and they'll cough out the dough, a nice loan with a nice payback plan (higher your score, less you pay back) Guess who the lucky bastard out of the two got picked for the interview with them. Seemed like WTF right? apparently they were looking for those with 1st sem result between 3.5 to 3.7 because 4.0 students are more reluctant to do medic locally, not in Indonesia, not in India. Luck oh luck~!
So I did the interview, wrote a somewhat... bs of an essay and screwed up my 2nd sem! Whee~~ (tbh, the screwing up part wasn't on purpose. Too much got out of hand at the time) So I didn't made it into the supposed range of 3.5 to 3.7 and boy oh boy I thought that door was closed for good! I had no interest to do medic before I got in matrix anyways and the only reasons I did it because 1. My parents would want me to 2. I've never been to any interview so why not test myself at it? (I'm still confused as how well I did back then...) So I did it because I could. Not that I wanted to...
So yeah, I got on with my original plan, apply Zoology subtly because I know my dad will go berserk at the thought of his child doing some 2nd or 3rd rate course and I got in! Way to rain on my parade, MARA contacted my home while I was away on orientation week to present me with this offer of doing 3 years BioMedic and another 3 years completing Medic. To make the story short, I got shoved into doing that. The End.
Nope. Not really the end. Y'know what happened to my friend? She really wanted to do medic like really2 want to. but through UPU, she didn't get it because apparently that's the default offer for 4.0 scorer of any stream. So she went through an agent to apply for medic in a university in Sulawesi. But she didn't have any funding to go. So she asIked through MARA but failed. She asked from JPA and thankfully, that went through. But if 'm not mistaken she had to wait til second sem for the cash to come (or was this the reason she didn't take from MARA? I forgot...) So at the end she still get to do medic but she had to go through loops and holes to get there.
There was somewhere in my head, relating all of this in my early years as a Biomed student that made me thought "God I just block someone's chance at doing what they want!" Seriously, I felt like I've somewhat robbed her of it. She wanted it badly but she didn't get it. I don't want it but there I was holding the prize. And I do keep that in mind and I forced myself through it all, whining and complaining and screaming and furiously angry with the conditions and situations before me. Alhamdulillah, right now all I need is to get some Pegawai Kerajaan to certify these copies of certs and Insyaallah, I'll get my reduction in payback. And I backed off from doing Medic the moment I see the exit.
Why is it am I typing this? I'm typing this because I pray in somewhat someway some lucky bastards can pry open their eyes wide and realise what is it they have. It might look like shit in your hand but others would gladly sacrifice everything else for that chance because to them, it's gold. They wanted it so bad yet the complacent you are the one whom God handed it over and look at you, you're the one who's wasting that chance away, throw it to the side like it is nothing just because you were damn lucky to have it handed to you, not understanding its value. You, my friends, are a bunch of selfish brat. If you know that you can't do it then throw in the towels. No point of you to waste that chance. Hand it over to those that clearly deserves it more than you obviously do.
*sigh* that's all I could type in this burst. I'm trying to think of stuff through and never in the mood to type anything nowadays and still not in the mood. I just pray to God, for everyone's sake, please do wake up and see the light. May we all be better people...
Fast well and good while take care of your health dear friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment